Your Data Is More Valuable Than Your Device
Because it’s 2021, and the entire IT industry has spent literal decades telling everyone they need backups, I’m sure you have a backup system in place. Hopefully you sleep well at night, confident that the backup system you paid good money for is making a copy of all of your important data every night. But is that enough? Think about the reason why it’s important to back up your data. It’s not because you want to – backups are expensive! – it’s because you need to be able to restore the data if something goes wrong. If you cannot restore from backup, then your backups are worthless! Check yourself by asking the following questions:
- When was the last time you did a test restore?
- Was the test restore flawless, or did it have hiccups?
- How long would it take to fully restore everything from backup?
- Do you have a backup copy offsite, in case something happens to your server room or to your local backup storage?
- How long would it take to fully restore everything from your offsite backup? (Hint: It’s longer than you think!)
- Can your business survive while you’re waiting on a full restore?
- And most importantly…. Are you sure?
If you’re not completely sure, or if you just need a fresh set of eyes to look at it, reach out to us at NetStandard. We’ll help make sure your business is actually protected!